Sunday, September 15, 2013

The most important event of the fall.


The weather is probably starting to cool if you live above the equator.  (Please, send me some.)  A lot of people out and about in the meat world with are extremely excited about the beginning of football season.  Yay, pigskins and violence!  Well, as much as I enjoy bacon and hitting things, my interest in sports rests in the negative, so my main reason for loving fall is this: TELEVISION PREMIERE SEASON!

Nikita: About to have its last hurrah, I'm afraid.  The third season got a little more sci-fi than its world could support, I must admit, but Nikita as a character, and the show as a whole, hit the right notes far more than the wrong.  I'm going to miss her terribly.

Arrow:  Back for a triumphant second season!  I've always been predisposed towards liking Ollie, but I have to say that Ammell is the best Ollie I've seen to date.  And the ensemble cast is perfect.  (I do wish someone other than Katie Cassidy had been cast as Laurel, though.  If--and I pray, I pray to the writer gods--Laurel is ever going to become Dinah Freaking Lance, she's going to have to step up hard.)

Elementary: I started watching this show mostly out of spite over the truly awful, racist, sexist bullshit hurled at Lucy Liu.  Once I settled in, however, I found myself honestly enjoying it.  Johnny Lee Miller hasn't been one of my favorite actors in the past, but he brings a brilliant nuance to his portrayal.  And Joan!

Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D:  Oh, please.  Like you didn't see this one coming.

Sleepy Hollow:  Or this one, either, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment