Sunday, March 17, 2013

Leech Promotional Weekend


...which ends at midnight tonight.  Yeah, I know.  I fail at promoting properly, but that's been the story since Super premiered, I don't foresee myself getting dramatically better any time soon.  Anyway, from here until midnight, you can pick up Leech absolutely FREE on Amazon as part of the KDP Select program.  I wish I could tell you I was basing this on a St. Patrick's Day theme or something similar, but the honest answer is that I've been battling off a case of Captain Tripps for the past week or so, and in my fever-addled head it simply seemed like a neat idea.  This is Leech's first go-round in the KDP Select program (as I've mentioned here before, I have mixed feelings on KDP Select: on the one hand, I don't think that Amazon is the Great Evil many do, but neither do I like giving any corporate entity an easy path to power, so I tend to rotate titles in and out), but probably not it's last: I'm toying with the idea of putting all three Super titles back into KDP Select when Siren, Naomi's book, comes out and Shit Starts Getting Real, and then again for the finale.  Leech going into KDP Select means that it will not be available on any other platform save for Amazon for the next ninety days, but don't worry: give me a holler, tell me your favored format, and I'll hook you up.  I only ask that you drop me a rating or review on Goodreads or the like, if you please. :)

Second reason I suck at promotion: when I decided to do this earlier in the week, I completely forgot that I was going on a road trip this weekend, which severely curtailed the time I had available to tweet.  Or rather, it didn't curtail my ability to tweet promos, but it did make it significantly harder to bop, chat, and mask the fact that I was promoting.  On the other hand, it did stop me from hovering over my ranks like Gollum (an awful, awful habit of mine every time I do a promotion), so blessings in small places.  For those of you who follow me on Facebook and were wondering about the random country music posts: five hours each way, nothing better to do than listen to the radio and contemplate Eoin Macken.  A girl's gotta entertain herself somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment